Tampa Truck Accident Attorneys
There are two main factors that make truck accidents unique from accidents between cars:
- Smaller vehicles are no match against the size and weight of trucks—occupants of a car are likely to suffer severe injury or even death.
- Trucks are commercial vehicles. Every trip involves many parties responsible for ensuring safety. A collision may point to liability on the part of many different individuals.
The personal injury protection (PIP) insurance required in the state of Florida is not likely to provide adequate compensation to pay for all expenses related to truck accident injuries. You need to schedule a free initial consultation with a Tampa trucking accident lawyer from Westchase Law, P.A. to learn the full range of your legal options.
Understanding trucking accidents
The following are some of the most common types of trucking accidents:
- Driver error: Truck drivers are even more susceptible to errors on the road than any other driver—they must know how to handle large and complicated vehicles while dealing with varying road and weather conditions, often after many continuous hours on the road. Lack of proper rest periods often contributes to the inability to make the right decisions in the event of a sudden hazard.
- Jackknife: Just one potential cause of a jackknife is an improperly loaded cargo that shifts, causing the trailer to swing to a 90-degree angle and the driver to lose control over the vehicle.
- Equipment failure: A sudden loss of brake power or a blown tire can cause a truck to careen out of control—often at high speeds.
Accident victims need the specialized legal support of a Tampa trucking accident attorney with the investigative resources to identify the underlying causes of these devastating accidents. Your truck accident lawyer must also have an understanding of commercial trucking operations—and the state and federal laws that apply to large trucks on the road. These are all critical factors in identifying all liable parties who are responsible for paying compensation for all expenses related to your injuries.
Contact our experienced truck accident lawyers in Tampa for a free initial consultation
Victims of trucking accidents suffer serious consequences—yet the unique issues associated with commercial trucking add significant challenges to pursuing full compensation for the expenses incurred due to severe injuries. The truck accident attorneys at Westchase Law, P.A. in Tampa have the specialized knowledge of trucking operations and laws that can make a dramatic difference to the success of your case. For the legal support you need after a Tampa trucking accident, contact Westchase Law P.A. for an evaluation.