Tampa Commercial Litigation Lawyer
When you have a disagreement between yourself and someone else, you may file a civil lawsuit against the person and sue them for damages. You can do the same if you have a company and want to sue another company. This is called commercial litigation.
Commercial litigation involves legal action based on a business relationship. This may include
breach of contract, breach of duty, contract disputes, shareholder issues, class action lawsuits, and other issues. An attorney skilled in commercial law represents the best interests of the business client and can help with a variety of tasks, including filing any paperwork, crafting a legal strategy, acting as mediators, and even going to court if needed.
Owning a business can be complicated. With so many elements in play, legal issues are possible at some point.
Commercial disputes are not easy to handle. They happen quite often, though, and it’s best to deal with them in the early stages. Look into a commercial litigation attorney right away so you can settle the issue before it becomes more complex or costly. Contact Westchase Law today and see how our Tampa commercial litigation lawyers can protect you and your business.
Commercial vs. Civil Litigation
Civil litigation refers to legal proceedings with no criminal charges, and may include areas of law such as personal injury law, family law, and probate law. It is similar to commercial litigation in that:
- The client retains an attorney to resolve a legal concern.
- The attorney pursues discovery, research, and investigation.
- The attorney researches the law to determine where breaches or liabilities exist.
- The attorney drafts letters, files a lawsuit, or helps negotiate a settlement.
Commercial litigation is a bit different though. It’s a unique area of law that specifically requires a commercial litigation lawyer. It also involves:
- Multiple business entities
- Contracts or legally binding agreements that are often complicated with complex legal terminology
- Issues that are actionable in multiple jurisdictions and even at the federal level
- Class-action lawsuits involving many defendants
Types of Legal Issues
Commercial litigators cover a wide variety of business legal issues, such as:
- Breach of contract
- Construction claims
- Insurance coverage and claims
- Tax disputes
- Real estate or land use disputes
- Partnership or board of director disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Class action suits
- Privacy or data breach
- Employment or union labor concerns
- Securities litigation
- Environmental concerns
- Trademark or copyright infringement
- Trade secrets
- Unfair competition
Contact Westchase Law Today
Businesses are complicated and they may sometimes require legal help. Commercial litigation can be costly due to the extensive issues involved, so make sure you are prepared. With the right help on your side, you can avoid major mistakes and keep your company operational and successful for years to come.
Let Westchase Law assist you with your business issues. Our Tampa commercial litigation attorneys can assess your case and help you resolve your issues. Get started with a consultation. Call our office today at 813-490-5211.